FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
Online matches between top players
Autor Wiadomość
sandra113 

Wysłany: 2016-11-23, 21:15   

bbj napisał/a:
A może by tak zorganizować mecz luckybot vs gomokubot na tydzień ze wszystkimi najlepszymi parametrami? :P

Hi Bogdan, it seems that you did not read the following part of the announcement:

Cytat:
The match will obviously not be reduced to a "pure prog vs pure prog" competition - clearly, any current program will soundly lose at this time control to a strong player equipped by a reasonably good program, as no current program can think strategically. This year Dmitry beat the famous program Yixin in an official renju match of eight 120+30 games, only looking at the board and not using any program at all.

I also point out that at the moment, 18 people have added their likes to the announcent of the upcoming match on Facebook.com/gomokuworld

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2016-11-23, 22:34   

A correction to the announcement: Lamaza won the Euroleague in season 2011-2012, season 2012-2013, and season 2015-2016, and he won the Rustournament twice, in season 2010 and season 2011.

I also would like to add that it has been decided by a random draw that it is Dmitry who puts an opening in the first game of the match.

zukole 

Wysłany: 2016-11-26, 16:13   

Pierwsza partia w załączniku.

Owen - Lamaza.lib
Pobierz Plik ściągnięto 721 raz(y) 174 Bajtów

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2016-12-10, 15:07   

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, on Sat 10 Dec, there will be an online match between Martin Muzika, also known as Martez, and Mikhail Lomakin, also known as Mikle. The match will be played on piskvorky.net and starts at 17:00 Warsaw time. It consists of four games with the time control 20+3; all four games will be played today.

Martin Muzika, Czech Republic, occupies the 12th line on the world ranking list, with his rating being 1798. He has extensive experience of live games as he has been playing since 2010 and has participated in 12 tournaments. He is also quite strong online - in particular, he showed an efficiency of 78.75% in the Euroleague 2011-2012 on the nickname czpaymarzar.

Mikhail Lomakin, Russia, is the gomoku leader of Tyumen, one of the three gomoku centres in Russia. He organised numerous gomoku tournaments and is the Tyumen Meijin - in 2015, he defeated Andrey Litvinenko in a match for the title of Tyumen Meijin. Mikhail also showed an excellent result in the European Team Gomoku Championship 2014, earning 11.5 points in 14 games. He also won the Euroleague as a member of the teams "Polar Bears" and "North Pole."

Both players are definitely very good opponents for each other. Who will win - a young, but very talented and strong Czech player or a very experienced Siberian player of an older generation, a polar bear? :)

Rules of the match: gomoku, exactly five-in-a-row (overlines do not count as wins), swap2. The players are allowed to use only their brains, i.e., they are allowed only to look at the board shown on the screen and click. It is not allowed to use programs to analyse positions, use libraries, written notes, literature, analyse positions on a real or virtual board by placing stones, get hints from other people, etc.

Here is how you can watch the games:

1. Go to piskvorky.net/en
2. In the upper part of the screen, type any guest name under "Play as a guest" and click on the button "Enter" (unless you want to log in as a previously registered user, not as a guest). You will immediately find yourself in the playing hall.
3. Find the game being played by Martin and Mikhail and click on the button "Sit down" near it. Martin will be on the nickname Maarty, and Mikhail will be on the nickname Lomakin.
4. If the board looks like a notebook page with crosses and zeros, choose "Design board" in the upper right corner to make the board look like on playok.com.
5. In the upper right corner of the window with the board, click on the sign between "–" and "X" to maximise the window.

Come watch :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-10, 01:31   

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, on Tue 10 Jan, there will be an online match between Łukasz Majksner, also known as Usiek, and Zoltán László, also known as Zoli, for the title of Gomokuworld's Meijin 2016. The match starts at 20:00 Warsaw time and will be played on playok.com.

Łukasz Majksner, Poland, is the current champion of Poland as well as a current team world champion. He started playing in tournaments about 5 years ago, but many people are especially impressed by the tremendous progress he made in the last couple of years. He qualified to play in this match as the winner of Gomokuworld's Black Meijin series of online tournaments.

Zoltán László, Hungary, qualified to play in this match as the winner of Gomokuworld's White Meijin series of online tournaments. He is an exceptionally skilful one-minute player and undoubtedly the most successful player of the Monday Blitz Evenings, a popular series of online tournaments in one-minute games. He achieved one of the best efficiencies in the Euroleague last season, 49.5 points in 60 games. In real life, he started playing in tournaments 8 years ago and so far has participated in 9 competitions shown on gomokuworld.com. His last rated game dates back to 2011, after which his rating became 1609, but obviously Zoltán has improved a lot since then.

The match will consist of six games, with the time control being 15 minutes per game and player. If the score is equal, two additional ten-minute games will be played. If the score is still equal, then the participants of the match will play pairs of five-minute games until one of them gains an advantage.

Rules of the match: gomoku, exactly five-in-a-row (overlines do not count as wins), swap2. The players are allowed to use only their brains, i.e., they are allowed only to look at the board shown on the screen and click. It is not allowed to use programs to analyse positions, use libraries, written notes, literature, analyse positions on a real or virtual board by placing stones, get hints from other people, etc.

Here is how you can watch the match:

1. Go to http://www.playok.com/en/gomoku
2. Unless you want to register an account or use an already registered nickname of yours, click on "GUEST."
3. In the upper part of the screen, change the playing room to "#300... dobrocin" and click on the table at which Usiek and Zoli are playing. Usiek will be on the nickname ursamaior, and Zoli's nickname will be wmzoli.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-15, 02:13   

Zoli won the match and became Gomokuworld's Meijin 2016. Congratulations :)

I would like to share my impressions from this match.

First of all, both players were obviously highly motivated. It was the final match of the year, a clash between the winners of the tournament series "Black Meijin" and "White Meijin" for the title of Gomokuworld's Meijin 2016. An additional motivating factor was that the match was widely announced - on forum.gomoku.pl, vk.com/gomoku, facebook.com/gomokuworld, and, additionally, Zoli reposted the announcement on his Facebook page, resulting in quite a few real-life friends unrelated to gomoku coming watch the games.

The match was attended by many spectators, with their number reaching 38 at some point.

In the first game, none of the players had an upper hand, and it is only when each of the opponents had less than a minute left that Usiek made a mistake, which was exploited by Zoli. Immediately after the game, Zoli wrote in the table chat that Usiek played very well and that a draw would be a fair result.

In the second game, Usiek had a huge advantage, estimated 200 or so by Yixin at some points of the game, but Zoli wonderfully defended and successfully withstood Usiek's hard pressure, achieving a draw in this seemingly hopeless game. In the board-filling stage, when there were more than a hundred stones on the board, Zoli made a draw offer, which was accepted by Usiek.

Interestingly, I was unable to find a win in Yixin during the game, but I cannot exclude that a deeper analysis would reveal a pretty long win.

After the game, Usiek told me that he found Zoli to be "a wall", and added that Zoli's blocks were very good.

Note that each of the players had less than a minute left when the game ended, and I am very unsure whether each of them would be able to put all his stones on board in time. I asked Zoli after the match why he offered a draw, and he said something like, "If I did not offer a draw, I might outclick Usiek, but I might get outclicked, too."

I missed the third game, and when I was back online, Zoli told me, "You missed my great win."

The score became 2.5-0.5, so one more Zoli's win would mean his victory in the entire match.

The fourth game developed like the first one - without a clear advantage of any of the players - and was decided by a double blunder: Both Usiek and Zoli missed Zoli's elementary win, but then Zoli noticed it and played it, writing "blindness" in the table chat.

The remaining two games are not worth describing in detail, as the winner of the match had already been determined after the first four games. Usiek did not fight as hard as in the first four games and allowed Zoli to make the score 5.5-0.5.

Usiek's play in the first two games was very good. He gave no advantage to Zoli in the first game and pressured him very hard in the second one, but Zoli proved to be a too tough nut to crack. It is very difficult not to get frustrated in such a situation. I hope that Usiek will hold his head high and continue to rapidly progress.

The match clearly illustrates Zoli's special style. My impression is that instead of putting emphasis on gaining a positional advantage, Zoli focuses on the following:

- Security. In the whole match, Usiek did not have a win - at least, I was unable to find one in Yixin in real time. It is noteworthy that Zoli seems to achieve such a level of security not by a too cautious tactics, but rather by deep and accurate calculations.

- Speed. As a very experienced one-minute player, Zoli is used to value his time. He won many games by being faster than his opponents and exploiting their time troubles.

- Creating non-obvious threats and traps.

- Exploiting weak moves made by his opponents. Launching a quick deadly attack as soon as an opportunity arises.

In a post-match comment on vk.com/gomoku, Usiek characterized Zoli's style as "a wall full of deadly traps."

It will be very interesting to watch Zoli's online match today (on Sunday) against Mikhail Kozhin :)
Ostatnio zmieniony przez sandra113 2017-01-15, 02:43, w całości zmieniany 1 raz  

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-15, 02:20   

Ladies and gentlemen,

Today, on Sun 15 Jan, there will be an online match between Zoltán László, also known as Zoli, and Mihail Kozhin. The match will start at 19:00 Warsaw time, consist of four games with the time control 20+5, and be played on logic-games.spb.ru/gomoku/?lang=en

Zoltán László, Hungary, is an exceptionally skilful one-minute player and undoubtedly the most successful player of the Monday Blitz Evenings, a popular series of online tournaments in one-minute games. He achieved one of the best efficiencies in the Euroleague last season, 49.5 points in 60 games, won the White Meijin series of online tournaments, and became Gomokuworld's Meijin 2016. In real life, he started playing in tournaments 8 years ago and so far has participated in 9 competitions shown on gomokuworld.com. His last rated game dates back to 2011, after which his rating became 1609, but obviously Zoltán has improved a lot since then.

Mikhail Kozhin, Russia, was the renju champion of the USSR in 1990 and 1991 and the renju champion Russia in 1993, 1998, and 1999. He won two team world renju championships, in 1996 and 2000. In the last two gomoku world championships he finished third, above all other Russians. He is the author of the classic book on renju theory entitled "Click of stones."

1. Go to https://logic-games.spb.ru/gomoku/?lang=en

A menu with four options will pop up.

2. In the menu, under "Welcome," click on the right button ("Play as a guest"), unless you want to register or use an existing account. After you click on that button, a short non-translated Russian text will appear below it. Click on the button just below that text. (This button just means that you understand the limitations of using a guest account and agree to proceed.)

3. To make the board look like on playok.com, click on "Options" below the board. Then, under "Marks," select "Stones" and then click on "OK" below.

4. To avoid highly distracting invitations to play, click on "Options" (under the board), select "Do not invite me to the game," and click on "OK."

5. In the upper left corner, click on "In Game" and find the game being played by Zoli and Mikhail. Zoli will be on the nickname lzoli, while Mikhail will use his real name, Mikhail Kozhin, as his playing nickname. Click on the game and enjoy :)

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-01-16, 22:57   

sandra113 napisał/a:
In a post-match comment on vk.com/gomoku, Usiek characterized Zoli's style as "a wall full of deadly traps."
angst napisał/a:
Kolejnego dnia zmierzyliśmy się z Tajwanem i po uzyskaniu remisu można było odczuć, że tytuł jest w naszym zasięgu, chociaż z drugiej strony Ko-Han Chen, jak i Yi-Feng Chang pozostawili wrażenie trudnych do pokonania, a ten drugi mocno zaimponował (delikatnie rzecz ujmując ;) ) Uśkowi.

Mam nadzieję, że krąg wyznawców Zoltána nie urósł od Ultimate Meijin. Wczoraj padł remis 2-2.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-17, 11:52   

Our young rising gomoku star Zoli proved to be a too tough nut to crack by Usiek's enthusiasm and Kozhin's experience, but now Denis Osipov (aka Nirvana), one of the very best Russian players, has challenged Zoli to a long match of eight 20 min games to better expose what Zoli's skills are worth, and Zoli has accepted the challenge.

They will fight this battle using their highly rated nicknames on playok.com, soldier1 (Zoli's nickname) and russroulette (Denis' nickname), both being 2400+.

The first four games will be played today, on Tue 17 Jan, at 19:00 Warsaw time, and the remaining four on the next day at the same time.

Denis is highly sceptical about Usiek's metaphor "Zoli is a wall" and explained on the Russian gomoku discussion board how Kozhin could beat Zoli in Sunday's match by making positionally strong moves to convert highly advantageous positions actually reached by Kozhin to really winning ones. Now Denis has a perfect opportunity to convey his message in the most convincing language - gomoku games themselves :)

1. Go to http://www.playok.com/en/gomoku
2. Unless you want to register an account or use an already registered nickname of yours, click on "GUEST."
3. In the upper part of the screen, change the playing room to "#300... dobrocin" and click on the table at which Denis (russroulette) and Zoli (soldier1) are playing.

Rules of the match: gomoku, exactly five-in-a-row (overlines do not count as wins), swap2. The players are allowed to use only their brains, i.e., they are allowed only to look at the board shown on the screen and click. It is not allowed to use programs to analyse positions, use libraries, written notes, literature, analyse positions on a real or virtual board by placing stones, get hints from other people, etc. The players will have a 20 min break after the first two games on each of the two days.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-20, 15:27   

The match between Zoli and Mikhail Kozhin ended 2-2, while Denis Osipov won his match against Zoli 5-3. Short reviews of these matches will follow.

Here is what Denis said after his match against Zoli (as translated from Russian):

"I definitely enjoyed the match and liked my opponent. I do not think that he played weaker than me. On the contrary, in all games but two (3rd and 4th) I was unable to build a decisive positional advantage, so all my wins except those two were rather luck.

Zoli played somewhat not in his style, making unreasonably risky moves, and this let him down. If he played in a bit more reserved style, he could successfully accomplish pressuring me (7th and 8th games).

The level of Zoli's play is high, but he apparently lacks experience of long games. I think his potential is high, because he changes his style from time to time, modifies his repertoire of openings, and certainly analyses things. All of these are main ingredients of progress. Zoli's talent and efforts will definitely bring fruits :)

There were many noteworthy moments in our match. I think I liked the most how I outplayed Zoli in the 3rd game. I found it psychologically difficult to play such a sharp position, especially after two losses to him. To be more precise, after getting wrecked twice. And nevertheless, in this sharp and very unclear position, I was able to intuitively find the only moves to keep the position from falling apart. Then I was able to create some advantage and convert it to a win while my time was expiring. That was really awesome :)

However, I am not really satisfied with my play. Overall, I think I played rather not brilliantly. As I said, I was unable to outplay Zoli in most games (for example, like he outplayed me in the 2nd game). It is the positions, not the final score, that how I determine whether my opponent played better than me or not. Sometimes I am sure that I played better even despite the score being not in my favour.

The final score of our match is a consequence of me being more focused and attentive, nothing else. I do not think that it shows any difference in our playing levels.

Overall, the match has shown that there are players who use my gomoku methods as good as I do, if not even better at some moments. And, of course, my main conclusion from these games is that I need to continue progressing. Such matches are an excellent way to do it, so I highly recommend anyone to play them :)

By the way, I would recommend Ilya Muratov to play a match against Zoli, whom Ilya, in my opinion, "a bit" underestimates :) "

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-01-20, 19:27   

After a five-year break, our young rising gomoku star Zoli will participate in a live tournament this weekend - Hungarian Gomoku Meijin Open Championship - to face top players, including the current world champion Rudolf Dupszki, Gergo Toth and Pavel Laube.

Here is the interview I took from Zoli about a week ago, after he won the title of Gomokuword's Meijin:

S (Sandra): Zoli, what principles do you follow when choosing your moves? In other words, what is your gomoku philosophy?

Z (Zoli): First of all, sometimes my games are strongly influenced by my mood. Sometimes I just throw stones on the board without thinking much. And when I am in the mood to really think, I consider not only the current position, but also who my opponent is and how he plays. I like attacking, but my attacking skills are not as developed as I want them to be, so I usually make safe positional moves and wait for my opponent to make a blunder or a positional mistake giving me space to attack. But I can play in various styles. To sum up, I am a versatile player who tends to play safe and tries to make the opponent make a mistake. Here are a few examples to illustrate how versatile I am:

http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/122546353?gm
In this game, I was unable to find a good swap2, so my strategy was to defend in order to achieve a draw, and I achieved it.

http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/122545790?gm
Here I did what I like the most - playing in a safe manner and waiting for a mistake by my opponent.

http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/122546701?gm
In this game, my strategy was to play offensively and force my opponent to think long how to defend.

http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/121096092?gm
I am not good at playing central openings, but in this game against Ilya Muratov I surprised him by choosing a colour in his central opening and won the game.

http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/121200203?gm
Here I surprised Mikhail Kozhin by attacking in a position in which I was expected to defend.

I find the swap2 rule very useful. I like to add two stones to create an entirely new position and thus strip my opponent of his advantage of knowing how to play the opening.

S: Could you please give me more details about the fact that your mood affects your play?

Z: What happens in real life affects my mood, and I do not want to go into details. I can say that I played terribly in the Masquerade tournament, just throwing stones on the board, like in a one-minute game. However, even when my mood is bad, I can beat many just by following my gomoku instincts.

S: Could you please show me some games you are particularly proud of?

Z: Well, the above games against Muratov and Kozhin. I do not want to really stress my last game against Alexander Miroshnichenko aka Fudjin in the tournament series "White Meijin," because he almost certainly cheated in that game. I beat him despite that. (Here is a link: http://www.playok.com/en/game.phtml/120795901?gm)

Also, two games against Oleg Bulatovsky:
http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/121656665?gm
http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/121657134?gm

And this game against Dupsky:
http://www.playok.com/hu/game.phtml/120936357?gm

S: Did someone teach you to play gomoku, or are you an autodidact?

Z: Autodidact.

S: Do you like to create traps or non-obvious threats in your games?

Z: Of course.

S: Could you show me some traps in your games?

Z: Sure, here is an example of a move creating a trap:
http://www.playok.com/hu/...122545790?gm#56
My move G5 was the trap. Well, it is not a real trap, but my opponent had less than a minute left, and it worked.

And here is an example of a real trap, in my game against Rudolf Dupsky:
https://s30.postimg.org/dz45acam9/zoli_trap.jpg

S: Exactly which moves created the trap in this game?

Z: 13 and 19. Move 19 was a continuation of my plan to create a trap.

S: How can one become a great gomoku player? Which qualities does one need to develop?

Z: Play a lot. Concerning qualities, I would stress logical skills, speed, and creativity.

S: How far can you calculate when considering VCTs?

Z: Hard to say. I instantly see a lot, although not always very clearly.

S: Do you use any tricks to control your emotions during a game?

Z: So far I have never played a gomoku game that I considered so important that I needed to control my emotions, but I may need to control them in the upcoming championship of Hungary.

S: What can make you angry during or after a game?

Z: Losing to a weaker opponent or making stupid mistakes. Sometimes, but very rarely, I get a bit angry when someone makes silly comments about me.

S: What makes you love playing gomoku? I guess that in general, for any player, there are two very different possible explanations: (1) the joy of winning and feeling superior to the opponent, (2) the joy of thinking and analysing. Which of them is dominant in your case?

Z: Interesting question. I enjoy thinking and find gomoku a beautiful game. I prefer opponents who are not weaker than me, because I find it boring to always win. On the other hand, I cannot stand losing, no matter who my opponent is. I also get excited by making good statistics, and this is the reason why I created so many nicknames on playok.com. In addition, I have always liked being in the centre of attention.

S: Who do you consider the most inconvenient opponent for you in one-minute games?

Z: Adrian Fitzermann aka Adifek.

S: Who did you find the toughest opponent in the White Meijin series?

Z: Ilya Muratov aka Furla.

S: How did your real-life friends unrelated to gomoku react to your title of Gomokuworld's Meijin?

Z: Those who watched the match - seven or so - were amazed how I play a logical game so well. After the match, two of them told me they really liked gomoku and wanted to try it.

S: What are your expectations about your performance in the upcoming championship of Hungary?
🙂
Z: My last live rated game dates back to 2011, but I have improved a lot since then. I made a huge progress within the last six months because of my knee injury, as I was unable to play football and even walk. I expect a lot from myself and really want to become the Hungarian Meijin. But I will have very tough opponents. Never in my life was I able to beat Rudolf Dupsky or at least achieve a draw against him. Anyway, I will do my best and utmost to win the title. I always set the highest goal, regardless of whether it is gomoku or anything else.

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-01-21, 15:13   

sandra113 napisał/a:
The match between Zoli and Mikhail Kozhin ended 2-2, while Denis Osipov won his match against Zoli 5-3.
Partie rozegrane w dniach 17-18 stycznia.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-28, 14:33   

In about half an hour, at 16:00 Warsaw time, there will be a match in one-minute gomoku between Alexander Miroshnichenko, also known as Fudjin, and Gasan Babaev, known on playok.com as ggasan.

Alexander Miroshnichenko, Ukraine, is very well-known in the gomoku community. He was the winner of the Rustournament, a now-extinct year-long main tournament for Russian-speaking players, at least twice, beating Furla and Nikonov in the final match. Last two seasons, Alexander's efficiency in the Euroleague was one of the best, and also last season he was the best in terms of the total number of points earned. Many suspect him of cheating, but cheating will be impossible in this match as the time control is 1 min.

Gasan Babaev, Russia, challenged Alexander to this match. Although Gasan has not yet excelled in tournaments, he is not new to gomoku and plays one-minute games at a level of 1650 at least - and, as he says, he plays much better than that when he focuses.

The match will be played on playok.com. Gasan's nickname will be 435.

It is interesting how one of the best Euroleague players, who is considered a cheater by many, will perform in this match in one-minute gomoku.

The rules are usual: The players are allowed to use only their brains, i.e., they are allowed only to look at the board shown on the screen and click. It is not allowed to use programs to analyse positions, use libraries, written notes, or literature. But it is practically impossible to do that in one-minute games anyway.

The match will be played until someone has 16 wins, but if the score is 15-15, then the match will be continued until someone has two wins more than the opponent. After each 10 non-drawn games, each of the players can request a 5 min pause.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-28, 16:13   

Fudjin won 16-7. Here are the games of the match: https://www.playok.com/en...in&sk=2&oid=435

I would expect much more from Fudjin, who performed so well in the Euroleague, if I did not know why his efficiency in the Euroleague is so good :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-06-02, 18:35   

Tomorrow, on Sat 03 June 2017, at 13:00 Warsaw time a very interesting gomoku experiment will be performed: Denis Osipov will play a game with the time control 120+30 on logic-games.spb.ru/gomoku against one of the best programs - Yixin!

The motivation for this experiment is to put the concept of positional, strategic play to a real test.

This concept is believed in by a considerable number of players. They emphasise the importance of making good strategic decisions and fighting for space. They stress the necessity to think about the game as a whole instead of focusing on local tactics. They use such strategic terms as "surrounding the opponent" and "accumulating resources." Some people even say that there is no need to calculate very far and that it is much more important to be better at strategy than the opponent is.

However, there is some evidence casting doubts, including:

(1) Very often a position found by a respectable player highly advantageous to one of the sides from the strategic standpoint turns out to be considered balanced by a program at a very high depth (e.g., at depth 19 or 20).

(2) Asked about their gomoku philosophy, some strong players say nothing or very little about strategy and emphasise that the most critical factor is simply who can calculate better.

Is positional play a real thing? Or is it a chimera like communism or homoeopathy?

The scheduled experiment will shed some light on this - a program, which knows nothing about strategy but is very good at calculation, against one of the best players whose philosophy focuses on positional play!

And Denis is a perfect player for such an experiment. He is very strong, occupying the 11th line of the world ranking list, and has been one of the most active proponents of positional play, writing a very interesting and detailed article about it. Importantly, Denis has agreed to write a review of the game after its completion.

Yixin is perhaps the best gomoku program in terms of play and has been consistently winning Gomocup, the annual gomoku tournament for programs, for a few years.

Rules: swap2 gomoku, overlines not counting as wins. The operator (who will be me) will put a corner opening on behalf of Yixin, and Denis will not know in advance exactly which corner opening will be put. All subsequent moves against Denis will be made by Yixin, and the operator will not interfere with its work in any way. In Yixin's options, the operator will set the restriction of 120 minutes per game, so Yixin itself will manage its time. The laptop on which Yixin will be run is quite standard (Lenovo Thinkpad T510). Denis is allowed to use only his brain, i.e., he is allowed only to look at the board shown on the screen and click. He is not allowed to use programs to analyse a position, use libraries, written notes, literature, analyse a position on a real or virtual board by placing stones, get hints from other people, etc.

Here is how you can watch the game:

1. Go to https://logic-games.spb.ru/gomoku/?lang=en

A menu with four options will pop up.

2. In the menu, under "Welcome," click on the right button ("Play as a guest"), unless you want to register or use an existing account. After you click on that button, a short non-translated Russian text will appear below it. Click on the button just below that text. (This button just means that you understand the limitations of using a guest account and agree to proceed.)

3. To make the board look like on playok.com, click on "Options" below the board. Then, under "Marks," select "Stones" and then click on "OK" below.

4. To avoid highly distracting invitations to play, click on "Options" (under the board), select "Do not invite me to the game," and click on "OK."

5. In the upper left corner, click on "In Game" and find the game being played by Denis. He will be on the nickname coinciding with his real name, Denis Osipov, and the nickname he will play against is Yix.

Who will win - a creative, artistic strategic human approach or cold-hearted calculation? Come watch :)

Odpowiedz do tematu