Forum Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Gomoku, Renju i Pente

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
First ever duel in correspondence gomoku
Autor Wiadomość
sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-04, 01:50   First ever duel in correspondence gomoku

The duel has long been dear to men's hearts, so it is no wonder that it recently came to a duel in the gomoku community - Dmitry Epifanov (aka Owen) challenged Anatoly Smirnov (aka Barbos) to a duel to resolve their interpersonal conflict. Instead of pistols or swords, the combatants chose gomoku stones and agreed to play six games in parallel with the time control 180 days per player in each game, allowing each other to use programs and databases.

Both of them are strong correspondence players. Anatoly began playing correspondence games in the era when moves were mailed in envelopes, and now actively plays on littlegolem.net, perhaps the best known place to play gomoku correspondence games, currently being second on the ranking list there. Dmitry won the World Correspondence Renju Championship in 2007.

The match is now over, and Dmitry wrote a very interesting and detailed article about it, explaining, in particular, his thoughts about moves and positions.

I translated a part of that article from Russian to English, hoping that my translation will help gomoku players all over the world better understand gomoku and appreciate the art of correspondence games. The translation covers the introductory part as well as two out of six games of the match.

Here is the translation: https://goo.gl/8nA6Pv

Feedback and interesting comments are very welcome and may encourage me to translate the remainder of the article :)

Odpowiedz do tematu