Autor Wiadomość
zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-06-14, 19:21   

Wyniki mistrzostw Rosji.

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-10-27, 21:17   

Wyniki Deskohraní i Deskohraní blitz.

Wyniki mistrzostw Estonii w załączniku.

25.11 odbędzie się turniej w Budapeszcie.

Mistrzostwa Estonii.jpg
Plik ściągnięto 44 raz(y) 204,53 KB

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 00:36   

Last weekend an excellent gomoku tournament was organised in Budapest by Zoltán László (Zoli) and Márk Horváth.

There were 21 participants, including Zoltán László (the current world champion, the current WBC holder, and the current IRP champion), Rudolf Dupszki (the previous world champion and the silver medal winner of the last world championship), Gergő Tóth (the current Hungarian Meijin), Kristóf Ménesi (the previous IRP champion, also known as Peking), and Gábor Gyenes (a Hungarian participant of the recent world championship). There were also other people who are well-known on Kurnik - Csaba Kampós (known on Kurnik as dibarius), Márk Horváth (known on Kurnik as markhorvath), and Hajnalka Kovács (known on Kurnik as hajnal91), the latter two being new to live tournaments. It was also nice to see, among the participants, a number of older players who are true veterans of Hungarian gomoku - Péter Pusztai, Attila Győrfi, and Gábor Simon. And, importantly, there were also a number of teens, a future wave of Hungarian players. Interestingly, the squad of the participants included a successful mill player, Ferenc Volman, who got attracted to gomoku, and five females - Boglárka Illés, Hajnalka Kovács, Krisztina Egri, Krisztina Kamarás, and Nóra Kucsera.

Not only did Zoltán and Márk show excellent social skills by attracting such a great squad of participants, they also organised the tournament in a very professional way. In particular, the participants played at convenient tables that had a room not only for boards but also for arms, and were given a proper lunch break. The games were played on aesthetically nice wooden boards. Also, the tournament was characterised by a true fighting spirit, which ensured the absence of draw agreements reached immediately after putting an opening. Besides from the three medals, there were also three cups - one for the tournament winner, one for the best female player, and one for the best youth player. Every participant got a diploma. Zoltán and Márk even ensured a thrilling live text broadcast on vk.com by sending me news and photos. I was very happy to post the news both in English and Russian as well as to post the photos. A considerable number of people were following the broadcast in real time and making comments. The tournament was a total success.

It is so amazing how much a first-year university student, Zoltán, can do for gomoku.

Here are the tournament results: http://gomokuworld.com/tournaments/206

Here you can see the text broadcast containing many photos: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_30371840?post=37470 (Each news was posted both in English and Russian.)

And here is a random photo from the tournament:

I hope that this excellent news can inspire you. Keep up your gomoku spirit :)

Sandra Jones

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 01:03   

P.S. I received some private messages about my post above and want to clarify something. In my post above, I did not mean to make comparisons to any specific tournament. My statements are of a general character. For example, the statement about the absence of draw agreements reached immediately after putting an opening is not intended to make a comparison to the recent Polish Championship and has a general character - for example, such draw agreements are common in renju.

alicecooper 
Skarbnik

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 02:19   

On russian forum Sandra wrote (in several posts):
Cytat:
Prizes :) In this aspect, the organisers definitely did a better job than the Poles, what else can I say :)

Cytat:
Gabor (left) versus Csaba Kampos (aka Dibarius). Note that the tables are more convenient than in the Polish championship - at least there is a room for arms :)

Cytat:
The lunch break lasted 35 minutes, which considerably exceeds the duration of the lunch break in the Polish championship, 10 min.
So also in this aspect the Hungarian organisers proved to be better than the Polish ones :)

Cytat:
Note the quality of the boards - they are obviously better than what the Poles use. Poles seem to place stones simply on sheets of paper :)

These smiles tell everything
sandra113 napisał/a:
I did not mean to make comparisons to any specific tournament

"Sure, we belive" You

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 13:34   

alicecooper napisał/a:
These smiles tell everything

Yes, they do - the smiles tell that my phrases quoted above by Alicecooper were merely friendly teasing :) You see, the Polish championship and the Hungarian tournament were so close in time that it was difficult for me to resist the temptation to make some comparisons in a humorous manner in my broadcast :) And if Alicecooper read my broadcast more carefully, he would notice other humorous comments made by me, not related to the Polish championship, for example:

Cytat:
The central game of Round 5 - Zoli vs Gergő. Gergő, on the right, even took off his sweater on this occasion - a clear sign of an upcoming fierce battle :) ))

Cytat:
At the right table in the first row we see Márk Horváth in his T-shirt, which leaves no doubt that he is a real fighter :)

(Márk's T-shirt contained the word "fighter.")

So it was just the style of the broadcast :)

My post above on the Hungarian tournament is, in contrast, rather a very serious one, written in a serious style, and I took care to avoid any comparisons with the recent Polish championship in that post.

And I truly respect Poland as a gomoku power. Poland won the recent world team gomoku championship and is also the best country at one-minute gomoku, based on the number of advances to rounds in the recent WBC (see the statistics on countries here: http://forum.gomoku.pl/viewtopic.php?p=58433#58433 ). Usiek is my great friend and a co-organiser of the WBC, a tournament I co-organise, too. I had very nice discussions with a number of Polish players whom I find very friendly and pleasant to talk with - for example, Okcthunder, BBJ, Angst, Puholek, and Peaceman. BBJ is one of the most handsome guys in the entire gomoku community :)

So the proper reaction to friendly teasing by me is not to get offended, but rather to smile :)

Ah, one more friendly hint on organising gomoku tournaments: Cups with an image of a football player are not precisely relevant :)

Magda 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 14:53   

sandra113 napisał/a:
BBJ is one of the most handsome guys in the entire gomoku community :)

To prawda! :mrgreen:

Z tym pucharem to trochę wstyd według mnie... że będzie turniej Organizatorzy wiedzieli od dawna, więc można było lepsze puchary zorganizować. W sensie bez piłkarza :| i żeby nie było - nikogo nie cisnę :twisted:

alicecooper 
Skarbnik

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 16:08   

czy ktokolwiek widzi tam piłkę?
bo dla mnie na przykład to facet biegnący po zwycięstwo :)
do blitza jak ulał metafora

Magda 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 16:15   

Ja widzę piłkę :P chyba, że to coś innego okrągłego ;)

bbj 

Wysłany: 2017-11-29, 23:58   

Magda napisał/a:
sandra113 napisał/a:
BBJ is one of the most handsome guys in the entire gomoku community :)

To prawda! :mrgreen:

Dzięki dziewczyny, jestem zaskoczony :D
Magda napisał/a:
Z tym pucharem to trochę wstyd według mnie... że będzie turniej Organizatorzy wiedzieli od dawna, więc można było lepsze puchary zorganizować. W sensie bez piłkarza :| i żeby nie było - nikogo nie cisnę :twisted:

Zgadzam się z Magdą. Jeśli stowarzyszenie ma ograniczone środki to może by zwiększyć wpisowe o 5 czy 10 zł? Zastanawiam się też dlaczego u nas nie są rozdawane dyplomy jak to ma miejsce w zagranicznych turniejach. Kosztuje to grosze, a taki gracz, który zajmie np. 10 miejsce w turnieju nie wraca z niczym do domu i jakaś pamiątka jest.
alicecooper napisał/a:
czy ktokolwiek widzi tam piłkę?

Alice, jest tam piłka :P ...a nawet jakby jej nie było to składa się ewidentnie do strzału, a nie biegnie :P

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-11-30, 17:04   

bbj napisał/a:
Zastanawiam się też dlaczego u nas nie są rozdawane dyplomy jak to ma miejsce w zagranicznych turniejach.
Dyplomy są dla debiutantów ;)

zukole 

Wysłany: 2018-01-13, 23:56   

Terminy najbliższych turniejów Gomoku - http://gomokuworld.com/tournamentcalendar

Chaosu 

Wysłany: 2018-01-14, 11:38   

bbj napisał/a:
Zastanawiam się też dlaczego u nas nie są rozdawane dyplomy jak to ma miejsce w zagranicznych turniejach. Kosztuje to grosze, a taki gracz, który zajmie np. 10 miejsce w turnieju nie wraca z niczym do domu i jakaś pamiątka jest.

. . .Nie ma dyplomów? Nareszcie! Jeśli zdania są podzielone to może warto to przedyskutować w szerszym gronie. Osobiście wcale nie lubię dostawać dyplomów i to z kilku powodów. Zwykle są dużych rozmiarów (A4 lub większe) i trudno jest dowieźć je do domu w idealnym stanie. Ponadto czy naprawdę każdy musi wygrywać w turniejach wyższej rangi? Do tego otrzymywanie dyplomu za ostatnie miejsce zwykle nie jest przyjemne (jeśli się miało ambicje na więcej). Sam się nie raz wstydziłem i bez przymusowego dyplomu czułbym się lepiej. W Czechach na turnieju drużynowym w którym nie wziąłem udziału dostałem dyplom za to że przyjechałem... kuriozalne (choć akurat nie zawstydzające).

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2018-03-17, 01:04   

This weekend is the start of one of the greatest events of the gomoku world in 2018 - the Meijin match of Hungary, the country that has been continuously keeping the individual world championship title since 2011. In 2011 and 2013 the world championship was won by Attila Demján, in 2015 - by Rudolf Dupszki, and in 2017 - by Zoltán László, with the silver medals of the last two championships being picked up by Hungarians, too.

The history of the Hungarian Meijin match dates back to 2009, when Attila Demján started this yearly tradition. The competition system introduced by Attila is similar to the one used in Japan to determine the best renju player - first a candidate tournament to determine the challenger, and then a match between the challenger and the Meijin.

As initially none was the Meijin, the first Meijin match was played by the top 2 players of the candidate tournament, namely Attila Demján and Rudolf Dupszki, with Attila winning 3.5-1.5 and claiming the first title.

Rudolf emerged victorious in the next year's candidate tournament, but only to let Attila win the match again, 3.5-0.5 this time.

Next year, 2011, was characterised by a change of the challenger, whose role assumed Gergő Tóth, but he was not successful in the match either, 0-3.

In 2012, it was again Rudolf's turn to win the candidate tournament, but the corresponding Meijin match was played with a delay of one year, in 2013, and ended 3-1 in Attila's favour. This was the last performance by Attila in official gomoku tournaments, at least up to now.

After that, there was a break in this tradition as well as in official gomoku tournaments in Hungary altogether until 2017, when Gergő Tóth took the initiative to revive the Meijin match. He organised the candidate tournament, which was joined by three top-level Hungarian players, namely Gergő himself, Rudolf, and Zoltán László, as well as by five strong foreigners. Gergő managed to finish on the top and automatically became the Meijin as the then-Meijin Attila elected not to defend his title.

The 2018 candidate tournament, organised by Gergő, was won by the current world champion Zoltán László, and he will play against Gergő this weekend.

As the history of chess shows, title matches are especially appealing to public and strongly help popularise the game. Especially worth mentioning is the Fischer-Spassky match, which resulted in a tremendous swift rise of chess' popularity. In contrast to round-robin tournaments, where the winner can be de facto determined by a single encounter between the two main favourites or by an accidental failure of one of them against a weaker opponent, title matches more accurately show the balance of power, better reveal the ability to adapt to a particular opponent, and have their own charm.

This year, the rules of the Meijin match are as follows: Six games, time control 120+30, and if the current Meijin earns three points, he retains the title. The match stops as soon as the Meijin is determined.

The schedule of the first four games, subject to change, is as follows:

Sat 17 Mar
11:00 Game 1
16:00 Game 2

Sun 18 Mar
9:00 Game 3
14:00 Game 4

The times indicated above are Budapest times.

A video broadcast is going to be organised and accompanied by text commentary.

You can read a discussion and latest news about the match at: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_37562491, where you need to scroll down to get to most recent posts. The discussion there is currently in Russian, but most important announcements and the text commentary will most likely be posted there both in Russian and English.

May the strongest win this Meijin match!

Sandra Jones

zukole 

Wysłany: 2018-08-24, 18:18   

Deskohraní 2018 13-14 października w Pradze.
Deskohraní blitz.
Deskohraní 8 rund, czas 40+5.

Tallinn Open 2018 8 rund, czas 40+3 choć są plany wydłużenia.

Odpowiedz do tematu