Forum Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Gomoku, Renju i Pente

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
World Cup in 1 min games
Autor Wiadomość
bbj 

Wysłany: 2017-03-31, 14:58   

As we see even after one game, the tournament could be over for some players.
The reason is that they don't see chance to advance from the group (they lost first game against player from 3/4 basket and now they have to meet player from 1 basket (very strong players)).

I don't approve such behavior, but should be noted that such players there may be more because of the loss of motivation or being ashamed due ending participation at group stage.

angst 
Członek Zarządu
Kapitan IRP

Wysłany: 2017-03-31, 15:17   

It's too early to make any conclusions and to generalize, however such cases should probably be noted and used in any kind of analyses conducted with the aim of tournament improvement.

As far as I understand, Organizers are going to launch some surveys to ask community on opinion regarding particular aspects.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure if next edition of this interesting competition is already sure and confirmed.

Best regards,

Angst

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-04-01, 01:49   

Takie numery tylko w Asgardzie.

ARRANGED UPCOMING MATCHES

(All times are Warsaw times; the matches are listed in the chronological order, i.e., earlier matches first.)

Saturday, 1st April

18:00 - Anatoly Smirnov (wbcbarbos) vs Vladimir Mokeev (wbchampion)

18:00 - Rudolf Dupszki (wbcgomotaku) vs Stanislav Samsonov (wbcsamsonov)

19:00 - Adam Wacławik (wbcelendil) vs Kristóf Ménesi (wbcpeking)

20:00 - Adrian Fitzermann (wbcadif) vs Szczepan Łukasik (wbckremufka)

20:30 - Gergő Tóth (wbcgergo) vs Sándor Gyüre (wbchafpor)

21:00 - Rudolf Dupszki (wbcgomotaku) vs Lukáš Souček (wbciwbtc)

23:00 - Igor Eged (wbcg3m) vs. Jair Damián Martínez (wbcnestea)

Sunday, 2nd April

15:00 - Igor Eged (wbcg3m) vs Piotr Małowiejski (wbcangst)

17:00 - Oleg Bulatovsky (wbcgelo) vs Anatoly Smirnov (wbcbarbos)

19:00 - Gergő Tóth (wbcgergo) vs Kuno Kolk (wbcquaqua)

19:00 - Alex Maldonado (wbcpalacio) vs Pavel Laube (kedlub)

20:00 - Krzysztof Łapsa (wbckoston) vs Pavel Elizarov (wbcbaumanec)

20:30 - Adam Horvath (wbcanakinn) vs Kjetil Nossum (wbckjetil)

21:00 - Ilya Muratov (wbcfurla) vs Marek Hanzl (wbcmazec)

21:00 - Lukáš Souček (wbciwbtc) vs Pawel Nowak (wbcpeaceman)

bbj 

Wysłany: 2017-04-08, 20:02   

Naprawdę niezłe przedstawienie w wykonaniu furli i lomakina... :roll:

Pytanie do organizatorów. Nie wydaje się Wam, że wyniki 11:10 wyglądają paskudnie?
Tak dużo by to kosztowało czasu jakby wprowadzić 2 punktową przewagę jak to ma miejsce chyba we wszystkich grach?

Usiek 
Prezes

Wysłany: 2017-04-08, 20:15   

bbj napisał/a:
Pytanie do organizatorów. Nie wydaje się Wam, że wyniki 11:10 wyglądają paskudnie?
Tak dużo by to kosztowało czasu jakby wprowadzić 2 punktową przewagę jak to ma miejsce chyba we wszystkich grach?

Dlaczego paskudnie? Granie na przewagi przewidziane jest w fazie pucharowej. Uznaliśmy, że w fazie grupowej nie jest to potrzebne.

bbj 

Wysłany: 2017-04-08, 20:20   

usiek92 napisał/a:

Dlaczego paskudnie? Granie na przewagi przewidziane jest w fazie pucharowej. Uznaliśmy, że w fazie grupowej nie jest to potrzebne.

To nie chodzi o to czy to jest potrzebne czy nie, ale czysto sportowo jest to wynik "niedokończony".

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-10, 11:52   

Cytat:
As we see even after one game, the tournament could be over for some players.
The reason is that they don't see chance to advance from the group (they lost first game against player from 3/4 basket and now they have to meet player from 1 basket (very strong players)).

You have a point. We are going to survey players to find out which tournament system they prefer.

Cytat:
should be noted that such players there may be more because of the loss of motivation or being ashamed due ending participation at group stage

Now that the group stage has been completed, we know that no one resigned in addition to the two Asgardians who resigned before you posted that message. I must admit that one more player told me that he would resign if he loses his second match, but he won it and thus did not resign.

Cytat:
Nevertheless, I'm not sure if next edition of this interesting competition is already sure and confirmed.

Of course, we intend to organise the next WBC, as the first tournament is proving to be successful and the community seems to like it - we have about 100 participants, including four out of top 5 of the gomoku world ranking list, and many matches are well attended by spectators. Here is a screenshot showing spectators of yesterday's match between Bogdan and Matiss:

Cytat:
Takie numery tylko w Asgardzie.

You have a point :)

Cytat:
Naprawdę niezłe przedstawienie w wykonaniu furli i lomakina..

Indeed. This was discussed a lot on the Russian gomoku discussion board, and people suspect that Furla may have intentionally lost to Mazec in order to get Lomakin in 1/16 and that Lomakin may have intentionally lost to Kjetil to avoid Furla. Barbos even publicly suggested disqualifying, and one more player suggested the same by sending me a private message. Of course, we took no action.

Here is an ironic public statement by Lomakin, translated by me to English:

Cytat:
I want to officially state that the coincidence of the results of the matches wbclomakin-wbckjetil and wbcfurla-wbcmazec is just a mere coincidence ;) As Sandra noted, now Furla and Lomakin cannot meet before the final. I did my best, but it was not my day, and my opponent was very strong.

Furla's public reaction:

Cytat:
It is a pity, it would be an interesting match between us.

To avoid situations like this in the next WBC, it may be reasonable to make a separate random draw after the group stage.

Cytat:

I see your point, and, again, this issue can be included in the survey. Note that we have a different rule for the play-off stage:

Cytat:
W meczu fazy pucharowej (z wyjątkiem finału) gracze wstępnie rozgrywają 30 nieremisowych partii. W przypadku remisu (15:15) grają do momentu, w którym jeden z nich uzyska przewagę 2 zwycięstw, bądź gdy liczba nieremisowych partii wyniesie 51.

Playing to the difference of two wins is more fair from the sport standpoint, but not massively so and also may easily prolong the match by, say, 6-8 games or even more. Some players, especially those who are not used to play long matches, may not like this. And we would also need to modify the secondary criterion for the group stage - the number of won one-minute games - as some players would play more games than others. And if you lose a match 10-11 in the group stage, you still can advance to the play-off stage. Overall, we just felt that it is appropriate to fix the number of games in the group stage and to play to the difference of two wins in the play-off stage.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-10, 12:08   

Poland performed great in the group stage - there are 11 Poles in the top 32 players of this World Cup. Keep performing well :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-10, 12:10   

The 1/16 final stage starts today and ends on Sun 23 Apr, i.e., it will last two weeks. We ask the participants to arrange their matches. Exactly as in the group stage, at least one of the organisers (Usiek, Zoli, or I) needs to be sent a message at least 24 hours before each match. We are flexible enough to sometimes grant an exemption from this rule, but only if really needed and requested before playing.

Here are the pairs: https://sites.google.com/site/worldblitzcup2017/results-and-standings

Good luck in your matches :)

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-04-10, 23:41   

Dla potomnych :mrgreen:

TOP 32 (1/16 FINALS)

Zoltán László (wbczoli) vs Szczepan Łukasik (wbckremufka)

Łukasz Majksner (wbcusiek) vs Matiss Riherts (wbcmatiss)

Pavel Laube (wbckedlub) vs Paweł Nowak (wbcpeaceman)

Vladimir Nipoti (wbcb) vs Igor Eged (wbcg3m)

Michał Żukowski (wbczukole) vs Gábor Gyenes (wbcgabor)

Kristóf Ménesi (wbcpeking) vs Andrey Litvinenko (wbcandreyli)

Piotr Bieniek (wbcgacul) vs Márk Horváth (wbcmark)

Adam Horvath (wbcanakinn) vs Ilya Muratov (wbcfurla)

Oleg Bulatovsky (wbcgelo) vs Adrian Fitzermann (wbcadif)

Denis Kachaev (wbccapellmast) vs Bogdan Brachaczek (wbcbbj)

Krzysztof Łapsa (wbckoston) vs Rudolf Dupszki (wbcgomotaku)

Timo Ilu (wbcrentimo) vs Jan Kopecky (wbcdeafbat)

Valtteri Pulliainen (wbcfire) vs Gergő Tóth (wbcgergo)

Michał Pietrusiak (wbcsiwer) vs Denis Osipov (wbcnirvana)

Adrian Czychowski (wbcadrian) vs Michał Zajk (wbcpuholek)

Mikhail Lomakin (wbclomakin) vs Marek Hanzl (wbcmazec)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-17, 11:05   

Do not miss today's 1/16 final between Koston and the world champion Rudolf Dupsky :) It starts at 21:00 Warsaw time. Both players are quite strong and were seeded in Basket 1. As one of them has to be eliminated tonight, a real battle is coming. Come support your compatriot :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-19, 19:52   

Dupsky won, with the final score being 16-6.

Do not miss tonight's 1/16 final - Usiek vs Matiss :) Matiss is known on playok as connect555 and ok366. The match starts at 23:00. Come watch :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-23, 23:56   

The 1/8 final stage has started!

The participants are kindly asked to arrange and play their matches. The period of the 1/8 final stage is Mon 24 Apr - Sun 7 May (i.e., two weeks). At least one of the organisers - Usiek, Zoli, or Sandra - needs to be sent a message at least 24 hours before each match.

Good luck to all participants!

angst 
Członek Zarządu
Kapitan IRP

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 09:55   

A co się zadziało, że Usiek ma w wyniku z Zolim wpisany walkower? :roll:

Pozdrawiam

Angst

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 12:49   

Cytat:
A co się zadziało, że Usiek ma w wyniku z Zolim wpisany walkower?

There were some issues with that match, and now they have been successfully resolved. The match will be played on Thu 4 May at 22:30, as scheduled.

Odpowiedz do tematu