Usiek 
Prezes

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 14:24   

angst napisał/a:
A co się zadziało, że Usiek ma w wyniku z Zolim wpisany walkower? :roll:

Powiedzmy, że chwila słabości ;)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 16:15   

A very interesting 1/8 final will be played tonight at 19:00 Warsaw time - Timo Ilu, the last remaining representative of Estonia, a major gomoku power, against the gomoku world champion Rudolf Dupzski!

Timo Ilo was placed in Basket 3 as the experts did not know well about his skills, but he is a talented renju player whose highest renju rating is 2440. In the group stage, he gave Bano a hard match that ended 9-12. In the 1/16 final stage, Timo won against Deafbat, whom the experts evaluated to be the 10th.

Rudolf trained himself before the WBC to play one-minute gomoku and reached a very solid level of play. In his 1/16 final, Rudolf won 16-6 against Koston.

Come watch :)

zukole 

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 16:29   

angst napisał/a:
A co się zadziało, że Usiek ma w wyniku z Zolim wpisany walkower?
Największym wrogiem uśka jest... usik czający się we łbie.

angst 
Członek Zarządu
Kapitan IRP

Wysłany: 2017-04-27, 16:43   

sandra113 napisał/a:
Timo Ilo was placed in Basket 3 as the experts did not know well about his skills

C'mon :) I think it's rather due to the fact, that Timo had relatively long break. Few years ago he was one of the best players in Kurnik and quite fast in the same time :)

Best regards

Angst

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-28, 18:49   

Cytat:
I think it's rather due to the fact, that Timo had relatively long break

Timo was placed in Basket 3 by 4 experts, in Basket 2 by 2 experts, and in Basket 1 by one expert. Quite a large difference in opinions, I would say :) Interestingly, Timo is not the only one - there were totally 7 players who, like Timo, were placed in all three baskets by different experts:
Alexander Bogatirev
Andrey Litvinenko
Gábor Gyenes
Mateusz Miśkiewicz
Michał Pietrusiak
Oleg Bulatovsky
Timo Ilu

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-28, 20:53   

For those of you who do not know, there is an active ongoing discussion about the World Blitz Cup at https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934

The discussion already has almost 1500 posts, and you are very welcome to join it. It is mainly in Russian, but English posts are very welcome, too - they are generally well understood and often responded to by the Russians. The registration is very simple.

Below I provide English translations of some interesting and/or funny posts from that discussion, to show you what it is like:

Andrey Litvinenko Mar 31, 2017 at 10:55 am

This time I did not even think about having a nap before my match. I warmed up and came play. The beginning of the match was very intense. Dibarius surprised me by a variety of his schemes, which he always changed. Sometimes I was brave enough to choose a colour, not using the option to add two stones. By doing so, I wanted to psychologically disturb my opponent and show that I can punish for a carelessly put surewin opening. This worked, and Dibarius started putting edge openings. By the middle of the match I realised that my opponent broke psychologically. This was obvious from his passive play. At some moment he could not resist putting one of his favourite openings and immediately got my carefully pre-analysed swap2 - one more win for me. After I secured my victory in the match, I did not really focus.

What did I learn as a result of my participation in the WBC? First of all, I learned that in one-minute gomoku, you need to be always focused. Even the slightest loss of attention may lead to an instant defeat. Second, you need to combine various tactics and choose the style that is most inconvenient for your opponent. It turns out that it not only you whose thinking can get paralysed :) You need to react to this and immediately start playing very actively :) You need to feel the position as you do not have time to think about it. And most importantly, it is better to be tired and warmed up than to have had a nap and be out of shape :) That's basically all. Clearly, an experienced player will not find anything new in what I wrote. But a novice can find something useful :)

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20156

Anatoly Smirnov Apr 3, 2017 at 12:16 pm

Knowing Furla's attitude towards Lomakin as well as Furla's character, I find it obvious that Furla lost to Mazec on purpose. By the way, the main reason was not to get a weaker opponent. I would disqualify Furla.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20269

Denis Osipov Apr 4, 2017 at 2:21 pm

Sandra, I think that each really serious match - namely, the final and semifinals - needs to be divided to different days. For example, 3 days, 20 games per day. I find it unreasonable to play more than 20 games on a single day, because it would be not about gomoku skills, but rather about stamina.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20312

Gasan Babaev Apr 4, 2017 at 2:28 pm

Denis, I want to say that it is possible to consistently win even against such a player as Zoli by simply blocking, not trying to understand the position. The player who plays under the nicknames 957 and penguin957 is a good example.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20313

Mikhail Kozhin Apr 16, 2017 at 10:20 pm

Of all play-off matches played so far, the most interesting one was between Adero and Puholek, in my opinion. Adero positively surprised me by his non-standard tactical solutions made under time pressure. It would be very interesting to have a look at his play in a serious tournament with a long time control :)

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20633

Utah Utah Apr 17, 2017 at 6:41 pm

Who is bbj? I like very much how he plays - he plays strong, or, how chess players put it, solid.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20676

Roman Berezin Apr 23, 2017 at 4:17 pm

Sandra, we can conclude that intentionally losing a match to get a more convenient opponent in the next round is not only morally wrong, but also impractical :) It may be good that despite my wishes, you did not disqualify Lomakin. Well done Marek, good job.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20907

Mikhail Kozhin Apr 24, 2017 at 11:15 am

The last two matches of the 1/16 final stage were really drug-addict-like. I had an impression that the players made moves not really looking at the board. Missing one- or two-moves-long VCFs and open threes in almost every game. And what do you think about this game: https://www.playok.com/en...m&pid=124336720 , in which there was an open four 14 moves in a row and the players had about 25 seconds each! And concerning bbj's style, I find it primitive and not creative. At the time control 1+3 Capellmaster would really wreck bbj. So after the 1/16 final stage I have a very firm opinion about one-minute gomoku: "What disgusting sh*t is your fish galantine!" (c) (The translator's note: It is a Russian idiom originating from a Soviet movie and expresses disliking something.) And, judging by Gergo's statements, not only I.

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20946

Vladimir Nipoti Apr 24, 2017 at 12:25 pm

It is normal that some people find one-minute gomoku disgusting sh*t. Overall, one-minute gomoku is like fast food. Some people prefer to eat at home or in restaurants and cannot stand fast food. Some people use all options because these people lack time, do not want to make efforts to cook, or have other reasons. Some people eat only fast food and will quickly die :) The same applies to gomoku. Playing only one-minute gomoku won't teach you anything, but sometimes you do not have time or desire to think long.

Additionally, there are some emotions in one-minute gomoku, and even some adrenaline. The only reason why people play in live tournaments is emotions. Emotions in the process of playing, the taste of victory, and the joy of meeting friends.

P.S. Actually, Denis blocked more than bbj did :)

Link: https://vk.com/topic-19499145_34803934?post=20948

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-29, 12:00   

A very interesting 1/8 final match will be played tonight at 22:00 Warsaw time - Bogdan Brachaczek, also known as BBJ, against Adrian Fitzermann, also known as Adif!

They are famous for their one-minute gomoku skills and advanced to the 1/8 final stage with ease, but their styles are quite different. BBJ has a very robust, speedy, and safe style and usually follows the strategy of gradually accumulating a positional and time advantage. Adif is fantastic at quick calculation and finding smart moves and often puts traps. Who will prevail tonight? Do not miss such a great battle between two great Polish players!

To watch the match, go to playok.com/en/gomoku, click on "guest" (unless you want to use an already registered account of yours), change the playing hall from “bieniasze” to “dobrocin” and click on the table at which BBJ and Adif are playing. Their nicknames are wbcbbj and wbcadif, respectively. Come watch :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-04-30, 00:49   

On Sun 30 Apr at 11:00 Warsaw time, Adrian Czychowski, also known as Adero, and Marek Hanzl, also known as Mazec, will play their 1/8 final match. Both players already exceeded expectations as they were seeded not in Pot 1, which was for the top 16 players as judged by seven experts. And now either Adrian or Marek will advance to the top 8! Come watch :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-04, 01:25   

Today at 20:30 Warsaw time Piotr Bieniek, also known as Gacul, and Adam Horvath, also known as Anakinn, will play their 1/8 final match. Both players were seeded in Pot 1 and won their groups. Come watch and support your compatriot and a team-mate of some of you :)

To watch the match, go to playok.com/en/gomoku, click on "guest" (unless you want to use an already registered account of yours), change the playing hall from "bieniasze" to "dobrocin" and click on the table at which Gacul and Anakinn are playing. Their nicknames are wbcgacul and wbcanakinn, respectively.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-04, 01:27   

Another 1/8 final will be played today at 22:30 Warsaw time between Zoltán László, also known as Zoli, and Łukasz Majksner, also known as Usiek. According to the experts, Zoli is the strongest in the World Blitz Cup. His excellent performance in the previous stages suggests that he indeed well may be. Come watch how a great master of one-minute gomoku plays! And his opponent is not weak at all - he is the current gomoku champion of your country, was seeded in Pot 1, and won his group.

To watch the match, go to playok.com/en/gomoku, click on "guest" (unless you want to use an already registered account of yours), change the playing hall from "bieniasze" to "dobrocin" and click on the table at which Zoli and Usiek are playing. Their nicknames are wbczoli and wbcusiek, respectively.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-05, 14:23   

A very interesting 1/8 final will be played tonight at 21:00 Warsaw time - Denis Osipov, also known as Nirvana, against Valtteri Pulliainen, also known as Fire.

Denis Osipov was considered by the experts to be the 7th strongest participant of the tournament and the best Russian. He is well-known on playok.com by the nicknames nirrvana, c0sm0s, nfktatontfktl, and wellwisher and advanced to the 1/8 final stage with ease, convincingly winning each match. In live gomoku, he is one of the best Russians and has a live rating of 1783, occupying the 12th line of the world ranking list. His philosophy of one-minute gomoku focuses on positional play, and he wrote a very detailed article in Russian explaining principles of positional play. He is well-known in the Russian gomoku community not only for his gomoku skills, but also for his bright and somewhat cheeky personality, and there is no doubt that a considerable part of the Russian gomoku community will come watch the match and support Denis, especially as he is the last remaining Russian in the tournament.

Valtteri Pulliainen is one of the surprises of this tournament. He was not highly rated by the experts, who put him on the edge between Pot 1, which was for the best 16 players, and Pot 2, but his match in the group stage against Zukole, whom the experts found to be the 3rd strongest participant, was quite tough, 8-13, and in the 1/16 final stage Valtteri won 17-15 against Gergo, whom the experts found the 4th strongest. Valtteri has never played in live tournaments, at least in those shown on gomokuworld.com, but has extensive experience as a one-minute player. He is pretty quick, accurate, and reasonable in making his moves and seems to have found a good balance between time and quality.

To watch the match, go to playok.com/en/gomoku, click on "guest" (unless you want to use an already registered account of yours), change the playing hall from "bieniasze" to "dobrocin" and click on the table at which Denis and Valtteri are playing. Denis' nickname is wbcnirvana, and Valtteri's nickname is wbcfire. Come watch :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-06, 11:42   

The central match of the 1/8 final stage will be played today between Kristóf Ménesi from Hungary, also known as Peking, and Michał Żukowski from your country, also known as Zukole, at 15:00 Warsaw time. Before the tournament, Kristóf was considered by the experts the 6th strongest, while Michał was considered the 3rd. Both Kristóf and Michał won all their matches so far and showed a very high level of play, but now only one of them can advance, so there is no doubt that it will be a great match of exceptional quality. Do not miss this epic battle between a team champion of Europe and a team champion of the world :)

To watch the match, go to playok.com/en/gomoku, click on "guest" (unless you want to use an already registered account of yours), change the playing hall from "bieniasze" to "dobrocin" and click on the table at which Kristóf and Michał are playing. Kristóf's nickname is wbcpeking, and Michał's nickname is wbczukole. Come watch and support your compatriot :)

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-07, 15:36   

The participants of a live gomoku tournament, namely the 6th Saint-Petersburg Open Tournament, made a special break in their tournament to watch yesterday's epic WBC match between Michał Żukowski and Kristóf Ménesi! From left to right: Ekaterina Dokuchaeva (turned her back to the photographer), Sergey Galochkin (sitting), Alexey Lebedev (the closest to the window), Ilya Katsev (wearing a grey jacket), and Olga Lomakina.

The match was extremely intense and ended dramatically. After the first ten games, Kristof was leading 6-4, but after the first twenty games the score was 11-9 in Michał's favour. Kristof took the lead again, 13-12, but then Michał won three games in a row, making the score 15-13 in his favour. To remind, play-off matches are played until someone has 16 wins or, if each of the opponents has 15 wins, until someone has two wins more than the opponent or the total number of wins by both opponents reaches 51. In the next game, Michał run out of time when he needed to put just one stone to make a five and thus win the match, and Kristof had less than a second left at that moment! In the next game, Kristof had a very comfortable time advantage, 15 seconds vs 4 seconds, and started playing threes to make his opponent run out of time, but accidentally played a so-called pseudothree, here is this move: https://www.playok.com/en...id=124547808#81 And Michał managed to be quick enough to respond by making a 3x3 fork and win the game and the match, having less than a second left when he built a five!

The match was of exceptionally high level of play, and Mikhail Kozhin, who is currently 5th on the live gomoku world ranking list, made a public post on the Russian gomoku discussion board praising high-quality combinational play of both opponents. This was a real epic battle! Here are the games of the match: https://www.playok.com/en...2&oid=wbczukole

As the WBC enters its most decisive phases, more matches of such quality will follow soon. Stay tuned!

bromozel

Wysłany: 2017-05-07, 16:06   

Cytat:
The participants of a live gomoku tournament, namely the 6th Saint-Petersburg Open Tournament, made a special break in their tournament to watch yesterday's epic WBC match between Michał Żukowski and Kristóf Ménesi!

It was about 1 minute break :)
After it we started our next round.

sandra113 

Wysłany: 2017-05-07, 17:02   

Cytat:
It was about 1 minute break :)
After it we started our next round.

Even if it has lasted 1 min, it was still a break, and also in the video of the match I see that Denis Kachaev (aka capellmaster), one of the participants of that live tournament, joined the table on Kurnik at least three times - when the score was about 4-3, 11-10, and 15-14:

And he had a bye long before the match, so a bye could not be the reason he watched the match.

And also in the middle of the match, at 15:33 (when the score was about 8-7), Ilona Kachaeva, another participant of that live tournament, made a post on the Russian gomoku discussion board by copying and pasting a part of the chat of the table at which Kristóf and Michał played:

Ilona had her bye long after the match finished, so again a bye could not be the reason she watched the match.

And if you click on the photo in my post above and zoom in, you will see that it was the second game of the match.

So the participants of that live tournament watched the match definitely not only during a certain one-minute interval :)

And if the break in the live tournament has lasted just 1 min long indeed, this only means that the match was so interesting that some participants watched it even during their live games! :)

Odpowiedz do tematu