Forum Polskiego Stowarzyszenia Gomoku, Renju i Pente

FAQFAQ  SzukajSzukaj  UżytkownicyUżytkownicy  GrupyGrupy  StatystykiStatystyki
RejestracjaRejestracja  ZalogujZaloguj

Poprzedni temat «» Następny temat
One-minute renju
Autor Wiadomość
sandra113 

Wysłany: 2019-04-15, 14:14   One-minute renju

We all know one-minute gomoku, but have you heard about one-minute renju?

About a month ago I witnessed one-minute renju games on piskvorky.net between renju masters - Denis Fedotov (8th place in the last Russian championship; live renju rating 2160), Maxim Lavrik-Karmazin (5th place in the last Russian championship; live renju rating 2019), and Georg-Romet Topkin (1th place in the Tallinn Open 2018, where he finished above the current world champion Vladimir Sushkov and Aivo Oll; live renju rating 2183). The games were pure one-minute games, i.e., with the time control being exactly 1+0 and thus having no Fischer increment, and were played with the opening rule currently used in the world championship - Soosyrv-8. So it was the real one-minute renju, the full analogue of one-minute gomoku played on Kurnik.

It was amazing, and I was deeply impressed by how these excellent renju masters instantly put alternatives for fifth moves. I clearly felt that these players know the renju opening theory by heart really well. They must have learned heaps and heaps of opening variants.

I was unable to resist the temptation to use that unique opportunity to video record those games in order to show the gomoku community what one-minute renju is like.

Using my recording, I made a short video showing three one-minute renju games: https://youtu.be/x4xO4CzYgCM . Denis Fedotov's nickname was denisf, Maxim Lavrik-Karmazin's - Jungarrr1k, and Georg-Romet Topkin's - sakitgigi.

Watch this video to get astonished by the theory knowledge shown by these renju players and appreciate how hopelessly you would be wrecked on the board if you dared to challenge a renju master to a match in one-minute renju. He would easily eat you for breakfast simply playing from memory and laughing at how you put alternatives for fifth moves.

The middlegame level shown by these players is, however, not high at all. For example, in the first game shown in the video Maxim failed to block a three, having as much as 14 seconds left. And in the beginning of the third game Georg-Romet failed to notice and play a very simple VCT that had been left for him as a result of Denis' blunder.

But to exploit this, you would need to learn the renju opening theory in order to survive the opening stage, and it also takes time and effort to get used to fouls :)

Odpowiedz do tematu